iPhone Not Ringing – How many of you use your iPhone for your business or work-related purposes. Apart from the new age teenagers who use it to show as a status symbol, most of the business persons today prefer iPhone over others due to its productivity. For them, if their iPhone is not ringing, then it becomes a major issue as they miss out on important calls and meetings notifications which are often time bound for critical response.
For such working professionals and even others who might be facing the issue of their iPhone not ringing, we have covered a range of ways to solve this problem as well as how to uncover the reason behind it. Most often, simple negligence leads to turning off the ringing notifications and then forgetting about it.
To prevent going through unnecessary troubles, it is advised to first go to your phone settings and under the profile options, check for whether or not sound is turned on. If its off, then you simply gotta switch it and voila, you are good to go.
If the above step doesn’t solve your problem then there are couple things that can cause your iPhone not ringing during incoming calls problem and resolve it based upon such.
- iPhone Not Ringing due to Being Muted
- Notifications Disabled via Do Not Disturb Mode
- Corrupt/Missing Ringtone Files
These are just the basic careful steps taken to ensure that you are not facing the above issue due to slight malfunction with the iPhone or some unaccounted action on your part.
iPhone Not Ringing Due to Being Muted
There is a chance that while adjusting your phone’s volume, you might have switched it down all the way. Or, you might have disabled the ringer button accidentally while using your phone. To see if this is not the reason behind your iPhone not ringing, follow the below steps:
- Locate the ringer button and volume adjust controls.
- If you can see the orange line in the ringer button, that means that your phone is at mute.
- Turn on the ringer by flicking the switch towards the screen.
- You will get a confirmation notification after successfully enabling it.
- Next step is to check the loudness of ringing volume.
- Try to maximize the volume using the controls located on the side panel and you will see if they were earlier set to nil.
Note: You can also make the changes in the volume settings by going to ‘Sounds &Haptics’ in the Settings Menu.
Notifications Disabled via Do Not Disturb Mode
Let’s face it, many of us put our phones in do not disturb mode while working or during a movie etc and later forget about it. Sometimes, as it so happens we may even forget that we put our phones in this mode. And, in this mode, as are the settings, any and all kinds of notifications are disabled including ringer. To begin with, there are a couple of simple steps that you can follow to see if your phone is on DND mode or not and then disable it in case it is.
- First, goto the Settings in your iPhone.
- Scroll down to Do Not Disturb option.
- See, if it’s enabled and if it is then disabled it.
- Further, click on the scheduling option below it and check the times if any, when it is enabled.
- See, if there are times in it which are contradicting with when you would like to receive calls and change them.
Note: To receive calls from a particular contact or all, you can select to receive notifications of calls from them during even Do Not Disturb mode. Just goto ‘Allow Calls’ option in the Do Not Disturb mode settings and make the changes.
Corrupt/Missing Ringtone Files
There are incidents when a ringtone isn’t audible enough or when it fails to play due to some issues with its stored file. This is mostly the case with people using custom ringtones. You can try resetting the settings to default ringtone and see if it works.
- Goto your phone Settings and then scroll down to Sounds option. Some users might have it as Sounds &Haptics.
- Now, select the Ringtone option from the menu that comes.
- Now, you can change your ringtone to any other, preferably you must do it to the default ringtone.
For specific cases as in when you have assigned some contacts their own ringtones, you will have to check for it and resolve as such with each contact. For this, you gotta check each contact, it’s better if you remember those contacts with their own ringtones.
- Goto Contacts in your phonebook.
- Now, either check for each contact or specifically for the one you might suspect if not ringing at all.
- Open that contact and select the Edit option at the top right.
- Check to see, if the particular ringtone assigned to that contact has been deleted or is missing/corrupted.
- Make necessary changes if required, any.
Note: Above three are the most common cases that happen when iphone is not ringing. If your issues arenot resolved by any of the above measures, then there are a couple extra things that you can try.
First of all, check to see if there are any updates available to your firmware or any of your third-party software applications that you are using. For applications, you simply need to goto the app store and check for updates. To find the availability for any latest update to the os, use these steps.
- Goto Settings on your phone.
- Open the General option from it.
- You will see an option named ‘Software Update’.
- Click upon it and install any updates whatsoever if available for downloading.
If the issue still doesn’t resolve, then you may wanna try inspecting your phone hardware. Try plugging in the earphone and checking for whether your iPhone is ringing or not. If it does, then there is something wrong with your phone speakers, and you need to get them changed. You can contact Apple Service Center for that.
If the issue still persists, then the problem might be more deep-rooted and may persist. We suggest, that you get your phone looked at a nearby trusted repair shop or if possible official service center of Apple company. Make sure to take a backup of all your data and necessary contacts before it.