iPhone Alarm Not Working ?- Let’s face it, very very few of us ever use a separate alarm clock. That’s because we all trust the smartphone that’s lying beside us to wake us up in the morning. That familiar Alarm app on the iPhone is probably the one thing I take for granted and just cannot live without. Right from – waking up on time to reach college/office on time are activities, which do not give us the luxury of deviating.
The timely functioning of alarm to start our day is necessary for the timely completion of each subsequent activity. However, when something that you trust so much gives up on you, the frustration can be devastating. When the alarm doesn’t go off on time, you are bound to be late in the entire day’s schedule. So, what do you do when your trusted iPhone alarm not working as it’s supposed to be?
Let us list down the possible solutions that have to be followed to fix this error.
8 Simple Solutions to Fix iPhone Alarm Not Working
Solution-1: Check the mute switch
This may seem like a trivial issue, but it has to be checked at the very beginning. You need to make sure the mute switch is OFF. It’s the RING/SILENT button on the top-left side of your iPhone. If it is in ON mode, then change it to OFF mode.
Solution-2: Check the volume levels
Once again, we run through the simplest solutions first. The alarm needs to have a sufficient volume for the ringer sound to penetrate the ears. To change the volume level:
- Go to Settings.
- In settings select Sounds.
- Then under RINGER AND ALERTS swipe the slider to the right to bring the volume to a high level.
- At the same time, turn OFF Change with Buttons (This is to ensure that the volume of the RINGER and ALERT will not be impacted when the volume level is increased by pressing the volume button).
Solution-3: Check the alarm sound
Sometimes it may so happen that the alarm sound is set to – NONE. If the sound is at NONE, it means that no sound is possible to be used for the alarm. This is one of the most overlooked solutions by users. To change this –
- Open Clock app from the Home screen.
- Tap on Alarm.
- Then tap the Edit sign in the right left corner.
- Now tap Sound and choose the desired ringtone as the alarm sound. Here if it is None, then the alarm won’t work.
Solution-4: Remove all third-party alarm apps from the iPhone.
This is purely because it may lead to conflict with the original built-in clock app on the iPhone.
- Select the third-party app among the list of apps.
- Press it till the X button appears
- Select Delete from the popup.
Solution-5: Reset and restart the iPhone
When the iOS is upgraded, sometimes the settings may overall change. This may cause the alarm to stop working. It will always be useful to do a setting reset in order to reactivate the alarm. The steps to be followed for this are –
- Go to Settings.
- In settings go to General.
- In general, select Reset
- Select – Reset all Settings. (The user can rest assured that there will be no data loss upon doing this).
- Switch off your iPhone and restart it again to reactivate the alarm. For this, keep the Sleep/Wake button pressed and then swipe on the slider to power off.
Solution-6: Set a new alarm on the iPhone & delete the old alarms
For this, the Clock App has to be launched once more. Steps to be followed are –
- On the iPhone home screen, select the Clock
- Tap on the Alarm button present at the bottom.
- Next tap on the Edit option in the top left corner of the screen.
- Select on the Red “–” button at the left side of each active alarm.
- Tap Delete on each active alarm.
- Switch off and restart the device.
- Once restarted, then launch the clock app again
- Set a new alarm in the Alarm option by tapping on the “+” option.
Solution-7: Update to the latest iOS version
The latest versions of iOS on your iPhone help to keep the device safe and secure. It prevents the occurrence of a different type of errors and may also solve iPhone alarm not working issue. Steps for the same are –
- Go to Settings
- In Settings, select – General.
- Select – Software Update (if there is an updated version, it will be shown).
- Select Download and Install.
Solution-8: Restore the iPhone
This option is to be done only if the previous solutions specified do not work at all.
- Connect the iPhone to a PC/Mac
- On the computer, open iTunes.
- Select your device and click on Restore iPhone.
- In the pop-up window, select Confirm.
The iPhone alarm not working issue must be fixed with any of these solutions given here. In a worst-case scenario, if none of them work out, then it is always better to get in touch with the Apple customer service at https://www.apple.com/support/products/ or on the country-specific toll-free numbers.
Did you like this article? If so, do like and share this article with your friends and colleagues. We bring you such handy iOS tips, tricks, and guides on a daily basis. Come back again for more useful iPhone stuff.