Use iMessage on PC Windows : Many of us spent most of their time on laptops or desktop systems absorbed with work or related activities, at other times we are hooked onto our mobile phones to keep in touch with our loved ones and to socialize. But, nowadays that work is increasingly becoming important, people have started to take care of their work-related activities via their phones as well such as checking emails, setting up important reminders for meetings etc.
For such people, work and life go together at once. Thereby, it becomes very frustrating when they are not able to carry on with their personal stuff while working as well. One example of such is the inability to use iMessage on pc, for those of you who don’t know or are new to this, iMessage is the messaging service provided by Apple Inc. to those who are using its operating systems such as iOS.
Now, if you are a Mac user, you can very easily use iMessage application. To do that, you simply need to follow the instructions on how to set up iMessage on mac, you will find a whole lot of related stuff too which may prove useful to you.
For the windows users, it gets a bit tricky since Microsoft and Apple aren’t known to see eye to eye, thus making it difficult for Windows users to make use of this wonderful application by Apply. Needless to worry, we have covered some ways on how to use iMessage on windows which also includes using iMessage on pc without jailbreak.
- Via using Chrome Remote Desktop
- Using an Emulator such as iPadian
- Using Custom Apps to Connect via Web-Based Interface
Also Read: fix imessage waiting for activation error
3 Ways to Use iMessage on PC – Windows PC
Method 1: Get iMessage on PC Via Using Chrome Remote Desktop
For this method, you need to have a Mac system with iMessage pre-configured on it. Once you’ve arranged for it, you can proceed with the below instructions
- Download the Google Chrome browser and Chrome Remote Desktop on both the systems and install them.
- After successfully installing them on both systems, open them on each.
- Now you need to download and install Chrome Remote Desktop Host Installer separately only on the Mac system.
- After you are done with the whole installation process, you can connect both the system using Chrome Remote Desktop. With the help of this, you can now access your apps and files on Mac system through your windows pc thus allowing you to use iMessage on windows pc.
Note: If you own a Chromebook, then you need not download chrome browser as chrome RDP works via Chromebook as well without the need of a browser.
Method 2: Using an Emulator Such as iPadian
As some of you may know, emulators are software programs designed to run applications made for one operating system on another OS which they might be incompatible with. Many of us have had previous experience with such while trying to play our favorite old games on relatively newer windows systems or trying to use android apps on iOS or vice-versa.
- Today, we will be making use of one such widely known emulator for using iOS apps on Android, namely iPadian.
- Before you proceed further, you need to download the emulator from here and install it on your pc.
- After you’ve downloaded it and installed it using the executable file .exe, open it and accept the terms and conditions.
- Once opened, you can simply search for iMessage in the search bar and download it via emulator to use it.
- Using the emulator, you can easily use this messaging app on your pc like you used to do on your Apple device.
Method 3: Using Custom Apps to Connect Via Web-Based Interface
Now for those of you who don’t have access to a Mac pc or find the emulator method not up to their taste, you can try to use custom third-party apps within your iPhone to sync to your Windows Pc via a web-based interface in your browser. But for this, you first need to jailbreak your phone as Apple doesn’t allow making use of its proprietary technologies in this way.
Jailbreaking your phone is a risky affair and advised against, but if you are confident you can do so then follow the instructions given in this article. After jailbreaking your phone, you need to download Cydia and install it on your device. Cydia is a marketplace for third-party apps which are not allowed on Apple official apps store due to their questionable legality or violation of its terms and conditions.
After installing the Cydia marketplace, search for an app named ‘Remote Messages’, it is priced at $3.99 and sets up a web-based interface. You can connect your iMessage app to this interface using your phone’s IP address, the app explains everything to you as you go.
Note: You can instead try using ‘AirMessage’ if the above-mentioned app is not convenient for you. Apart from the methods that we covered above, there are several third-party tools available for free on online websites and blogs that you can use to simply preview and access your iMessage history and even export it to your windows pc including other data such as pictures, audio, videos and more.
Also, if you know of any other more simple or feasible way that our users will benefit from for using iMessage on PC, then let us know in comments and we’ll be sure to mention you.